Monday, May 26, 2014

May 19, 2014

Hi family!

I'm trying to think of things that happened this week that I can tell you about.  I'm not sure.  We got one of our investigators on date to be baptized this transfer!  That was pretty sweet.  His wife is an active member already, and they are super excited to finally be able to progress in the Gospel.  The problem is that they are moving to Utah soon, so I will not be there when they get sealed.  But still it's good.  

We're also working with another investigator about getting her on date to be baptized.  She really wants to, but unfortunately her husband is being a little difficult.  We're not sure if he would outright refuse to allow her to be baptized, but we'll see.  Hopefully not.  But she's a fantastic investigator.  She's like the man that finds the pearl of great price.  She has a lot to lose from proceeding down the path she has begun to take, but she doesn't care because she knows that the Gospel is true, and that this is truly the Lord's church.  

Also, I had mentioned to her at one point that I like My Little Pony, and she thought that was cool. Then she texted us a couple of days later and was like "I learned a new term today: Brony."  I asked her who had told her that, and she said that she had told her 16 year old son that I like My Little Pony, and he was like "He's a brony?  That's so COOL!"  And he's right.  It is so cool.  That show is awesome.  


The space bar on the keyboard that i'm typing on is squeaking, and it's driving me crazy.  I just found out that if I hit it with my left thumb instead of my right, then it doesn't.  I also just found out that it's really hard for me to type using my left thumb to hit the spacebar.  Have you ever tried it?  You should try it.  

Other than what i've said, nothing new and exciting has happened.  We're going to talk to a couple of our investigators tonight about getting them back on date.  They really just need to get moving, and a lot of it has been our fault for not having a real plan with them.  We'll see though.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Most things usually are.  

Make sure you are reading the Book of Mormon EVERY DAY.  It has the answer to pretty much any of your life questions, especially because the Book of Mormon is one of the best tools we have for receiving revelation.  The Book of Mormon, combined with prayer, will answer any question you have about your life and what you should do.  

Elder Jordan Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment