Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Swanky Part of Town


Hello again family!

Things are awesome here in St. Charles. We have one of the worst
apartments in the mission, but this is America, so it's still pretty
nice.  Fun facts about it:

-The person living below us controls our heat.
-The light switches to the bathroom are in the hall and the light
switches to the hall are in the hall closet.
-The front door doesn't open from the inside, so we have to pry it
open with a butter knife.

It's pretty nice besides that.  The members in this area are crazy
rich, and one of them bought Temperpedic mattress pads for our beds,
so that was awesome. They're the best beds in the whole mission.

Other ridiculous things that have happened since I got here:

-I was fed a $40 steak.
-We were "official" fancy cheese testers, since that sort of thing
just happens all the time here.
-We were fed Thanksgiving twice.

It's kind of ridiculous, but the members are all super nice and
awesome.  We're trying to spend as much time with them as we can,
since missionary work is best done through the members.  It's
difficult (WAY harder than tracting.), but the results are tons
better.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FIGURING OUT BYU FOR ME!!!

I'm super excited, and yes, less worried.  It's going to be great.
I'm going to try to figure out today when to go home.  I've been
thinking about it for a while, even though I thought I wouldn't need
to figure it out for a long time, but now it's come right up, and I'm
glad I've already put some thought into it.  There's been a lot of
prayer involved, studying it out, and talking to my mission president.
I'm going to make some calls today and then I'll let you know.

We have two investigators, and they're pretty cool.  We have a lesson
with one of them tomorrow, and he sounded excited, so that's going to
be great.

Thanks for the advent calender!  It's going to be awesome.  I really
like it a lot.

We got paid today, so we're going to Giordano's.  It's a deep dish
place, and it's not too expensive, and it's delicious.  I feel bad for
everyone that has not experienced it.  It's the best deep dish I've
found out here (yes, there really is deep dish pizza EVERYWHERE. It's
the greatest thing in the world. At first I was like, "What's the big
deal? It's just thick pizza."  I was wrong.  So wrong.  So many years
wasted!)


I am doing good.  Things are well.  I am co-senior companion right
now, but it doesn't mean much.  No one is really in charge in a
companionship.  It's good preparation for marriage.  If the Ensign has
taught me anything, it's that neither spouse is in charge.  They make
decisions together.  We do kind of have a problem with unrighteous
dominion in our mission, but it's just a few elders.

I hope everyone is having fun!  And Christmas is coming crazy fast!
It seems like mothers day was just last week!  It's insane.

Have a good week!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment