Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Pros and Cons

This week has been a little bit eventful:

We found 5 new potential investigators this week.  That was pretty sweet.  We teach them tonight and tomorrow.  They're all totally getting baptized.  

The members do feed us really well.  I've become a legend in the ward because I don't eat a ton.  I'm just not a big fan of food in general.  Which is fine, because it keeps me from gaining weight.  Seriously, you look at the pictures of some of the missionaries out here before their mission, and you can hardly recognize them.  

My favorite parts about being on a mission are: 

1. The time goes really fast, because you are really busy.  
2. You get to spend all of your time teaching/talking to people about the gospel.
3. You get to meet cool people and find out more about them. 
4. You get to see really weird things.  Like, really weird.  
5. You get to make some cool friends.  Elder K is one of my best friends now, and we're going to start a business together when we get back from our missions.  

There are more, but I can't think of any off of the top of my head.  

Some things that are challenging:

1. People won't listen to you. 
2. Our ward in particular doesn't exactly trust missionaries.  I guess the ones they've had in the past were a little lacking.  Like the one who, while living with members, would sneak out at night to go spend time with a less active girl in the ward.  And then, after his mission, came back and married her.  That sort of thing tends to make people not trust missionaries that well.  
3. I miss the internet.  The internet is awesome.  I also realize how much fun stuff I had to do back home, and how I never did any of it.  Seriously, i'm never going to even be able to be bored again.  

But my mission has been fantastic so far, and it's only going to keep getting better.  It's weird to think that i've served six months.  And there was a year in between two of those, so it went by really fast.  I'm glad I'm out here.  

I hope everyone is doing well.  It's super great to hear about everyone being super spiritual.  Please do everything you can to keep that up, because it'll be awesome.  I've seen what happens to families that start to relax when it comes to spiritual things out here, and it's not good.  

I will write again next week.  Have fun!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment