Monday, August 18, 2014

Aha moment

This week has gone by SO FAST.  It's ridiculous.  It's because we've been super busy.  We're trying to spend all of the time we have where we're not teaching investigators in members homes doing finding lessons with them.  Finding ought to be done through the members, because that's the way to do it.  Sometimes missionaries will get into that Superman way of thinking and be like "I'm just going to go out on find people on my own."  That is a huge mistake, especially because this often turns out to be hours and hours of tracting.  I'm sorry, but I do not like tracting.  It doesn't give people a fair chance to actually hear our message, and when they open the door and see us standing there, their minds are flooded with untrue stereotypes that cause them to immediately close the door.  Finding should be done through the members.  I've been pushing it really hard, because for a bit, the missionaries and the members in this ward weren't unified.  They got along just fine, but there wasn't a lot of unity on the missionary work.  And when there's a problem, the answer is NEVER to just ignore it.  You try to fix it, and if you can't, then you either find someone that can or move on.  But don't ignore problems.  

We've seen some fantastic people become reactivated in our ward!  It's been awesome.  I love serving a mission.  And I'm glad I came home early.  I was not ready to go out, and I was going out for the wrong reasons.  I am confident that I would not have had the sorts of experiences I'm having now, had I gone out the first time.  Also, something crazy I realized: So I've obviously been called to where I need to be.  I have reasons that make me 100% sure of that.  So if this mission is where I'm supposed to be, then why wasn't I called to it in the first place?  I always struggled with that.  But I received an answer: This mission didn't exist when I got my first call.  This mission was about 1 year ago.  Doodoodoodoodoodoodoodoo.  (That's the Twilight Zone music.) But yeah, that was pretty intense.  

Things have been going great out here.  The summer has been really mild.  That's because I brought all the good weather from Washington out here with me.  I keep telling everyone that's thinking about moving to just move to Washington.  It's simply the best state.  

Send pictures!  PICTURES!

We don't have a ton of time today, so I'll be ending the email here.  This work is truly the work of The Lord.  

Elder Jordan Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment